Friday, November 4, 2011

We Waited.

The following poem is part of an assignment I had in Creative Writing Honors with Mr. Rutter this year. Our assignment was to portray WWI and their feelings and all that was embedded into them. So this is was I came up with.

We Waited

Knees bent, heads down, guns up.
We waited.
Days, and weeks passed by.
All was still.
Words transferred without speaking,
Movement made without a sound.
Anxious and alert we listened.
For what came next,
Could change our lives forever.
Pops, and bangs, and clicks.
Explosions everywhere,
Not Caring if it be friend or foe,
But getting the job done.
The rhythmic beat of gunfire
Pulsed through my veins.
Running past those I knew,
Friends, Brothers, Fathers, Sons,
All were lost save but a few.
Alone we waited.
Knees bent, heads down, guns up.
We Waited.


Yours Truly.
Amanda Jeannette.
Stay True, Stay You.

No comments:

Post a Comment