Sunday, November 13, 2011

Don't Hide Your Face

Things happen, and that's when life just starts to take over.
You can't stop it, life doesn't and wont wait for you to say "Go".
It's there and wont look back at you to see where you're at.

Things will turn against you, make you battle, and fight.
Until you cant stand it anymore. You stop and take a break,
While it takes you over. But once you get back up, it can't take
You down. Nothing will be to hard at that moment in time.

And again life cycles, you're going up and ahead,
Or you're going back and behind. Its relentless, and wont stop.
You have to keep going, even when its toppling over you.
Right now I'm down. ..and I'm out for my count.

But soon enough I'll be able to get back up, and hopefully stay up.
Stay up, and stay caught up with life. But until that happens, I'm here.
Below the surface, underneath the answer, submerged in my own fear.

Fear, is a silly little thing. Snaking its way back to you every now and then.
Reminding you of how like a child you were. You are. All you can do,
Is sit in fear. Unknowing. Floating in charted waters with only
A life jacket that's not your size. And no matter how hard you kick,
Paddle, dive, hold your breathe, it seems like your never getting far enough.

But if you just stay still, and know that He is. Look for His grace,
Amidst all the darkness of this world and You'll stand tall again.

Don't hide your face, cause I'm here in the dark. I've lost my way,
i need to know where you are, feeling surrounded by sorrow and doubt,
So blinded by fear but i can't see my way out, You'll give me strength
Show me the way, to your embrace, Don't Hide Your Face.

Yours Truly.
Amanda Jeannette.
Stay True, Stay You.

No comments:

Post a Comment