Saturday, February 25, 2012

Temple Grandin

Recently, Life has been pretty good. I've been doing really well in school, at home, and at my internship. I've made a pretty definite break through with some of my friends. We've really gotten closer and I've needed that time to help me just relax. Friends are Sisters (and Brothers) that we chose for ourselves because God knew if we were related our Mother would not be able to control us ;) Ha! It's a great thing. Being able to just hang out with friends laughing at video clips of babies falling, Wipeout, and just laughing at the fact one of us fell asleep. Friends are an amazing treat. I can honestly say that I wouldn't be the person I am today without them!

So this past week, children that have learning disabilities or even physical disabilities have been on my mind. They are so humbling, and interesting to watch how they interpret things. Temple Grandin is a woman who has Autism. She went to school, then graduated from College, and they made a movie about her achievement and how she got there. Of course they had actors playing her and the people she interacted with. But needless to say, it's so inspirational. I can see myself in her character. My teacher can relate because he didn't start to speak until he was 5. She's amazing! If you haven't seen that movie, you need to. Temple Grandin. It's her name, and its the title of the movie. It's good.

For now, that's all I got. Thank you. :j

Yours Truly,
Amanda Jeannette
Stay True, Stay You.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite line: Friends are Sisters (and Brothers) that we chose for ourselves because God knew if we were related our Mother would not be able to control us.

    Because it's so true!! ahh. Love it. Love you. :)

    Love, Me.

    ReplyDelete