Sunday, April 1, 2012

ANSWERS - PART 2

This years General Conference has been so different then the ones before. All of my life --since I can remember-- I have been listening to G.C. in bed with my parents, coloring in books I'd receive from primary (the ones where you'd have to draw the type of tie the General Authorities were wearing? Yeah I miss those. Honestly.) As I have gotten older its been up to me to find my own answers.



In seminary this past week we've had a BYU Student come and teach us; Brother Roberts. He's kinda gotten off the beaten path and he had an entire lesson answering our questions like, How much money should we pay for our Tithing? Can we chew gum while fasting? All of our questions that we wanted to ask. One of my good friends suggested that we ask questions right before each session, and we will receive our answers. So I tried.

I asked, and I received. I don't think I've ever had so many "ah-ha" moments in two days. One after the other, after the other, after the other! It's amazing how the Lord speaks through his servants.

"Whether it be by mine own voice, or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

I'm only paraphrasing that Scripture Mastery but you understand me. Hopefully I'll continue finding my answers and hopefully being the answer for others around me. Maybe one day, I will be a mouthpiece for The Lord. I will be a beacon for someone whose alone, scared, and lost. One day I will be able to bring eternal happiness to a person, and effect their families to come. Now, I don't have the priesthood. I'm not entirely sure I'll get to the point of being a missionary but, who says I can't start now? I know so many wonderful people who aren't members and who says I can't help them get a sense of what I believe in?

Now.. What you've been waiting for! .. Hoping that you actually aren't just reading this for my stories. but either way its just fine. ;)

You were just as cold as I was, if not even colder. As night did its magic trick and changed the color of the sky, the winds began to chill. You were pondering the moves of the fire. Dazed by it’s glow we were in a trance, unaware of what would happen next.
When the night had settled in I knew that you were the one who needed care for. You were the one who needed attention. Not me. The way your eyes glazed over and your head began to swivel and drop at any moment. I knew something was wrong as help was on their way. They treated me first and took me from you. I was well enough to hear the news you had gone and only wanted my return. When I found you, all I could hear was the stutter and uneasy slur of your speech. As help had set their precautionary I watched as they carelessly placed you by the fire and crossed their fingers.



TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment