Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yet ANOTHER! Because i have time - PART 4

“The Rescuers” did the lovely job of basically wrapping you up in to a human tortilla covering your face from your nose down. How do they expect you to breathe through 4 blankets? I had laid you in your bed and unraveled the blankets around you. You were in a cold sweat. Cold enough to start sweating, or too cold to feel how warm you had actually gotten.
    I went outside because the internal churning inside my stomach was too much to handle. I had pushed it off to the side. I realized that not only was my worry causing me to be physically ill, I also hadn’t eaten that day. As I walked back inside you were lying still in your bed, wide awake waiting for me. Why couldn’t you have fallen asleep? What was going on in your mind that wouldn’t let you sleep? You asked if I was okay, and I lied to you. I told you I was just feeling a little congested and having a harder time breathing then usual. You had finally started speaking normally for the first time in 3 hours. It was time for you to sleep and for me to stay awake just to make sure you wouldn’t start all over again.
    That night I did everything in my power to protect you. I tried to remember everything I had learned to do in situations like this one. Until that night I had never saved a life before. I‘d never been in a position so stressful to where I had to think for another person, and physically had to be another person! I wished that a night like that wouldn’t happen to me again. When it does, I’ll be ready.





THATS ALLLLLL FOLKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment