Minus the creepy guardian who wont let you touch anything for fear of dying or getting a strange injury that would cause you to bleed profusely.. Like a paper cut from looking at pictures.. an extreme paper cut.
In my dream, I was in this house and we were trying to get out of it much like in the movie. but. Wait, I remind you that in my dream the house did not look like that. I just used this photo to represent that the house was built on the side of a cliff. We were trying to get out and keep it steady and then.. I died. I had fallen and the house fell and it blew into a bagillion pieces and I didn't wake up at this point. I was still asleep!
I found this quite strange because usually, if someone has that random dream where they are running, or doing anything athletic, and then all of a sudden they fall off a random cliff and right before hitting the ground, you wake up having a freak seizure in your bed? Right? Well I hit the ground. No wake y-wakey-eggs-n-bakey. No freak seizure in my bed. Just me. Sleeping.
Eventually I did wake up because I'm telling it to you now. I've heard that if you don't wake up from those sort of dreams your likely to be dead.. When I did wake up -- never being so happy to hear my alarm -- I literally said out loud,
"I'm so glad I'm not dead."
It got me thinking about all the things I have yet to do. All the things that I have yet to write, to sing, to dance, to read, to see, to hear, to learn, to play. Everything I haven't done yet, and everything I hadn't been grateful for came to me in one morning.
I fear you may be bored with this post because it will be long from here on. and I'm warning you in case you want to stop reading. But if you read to the end, I'd very much appreciate it.
Recently, I've made some new friends! One who is just barely joining choir for this up coming year. She's an incredible dancer and she can sing. Although I hear that she's not a fan of acting. She's really funny and easy to talk to. Her name is Bronwen P. I've always known who she was, what kind of friends she had and I never had anything bad to say about her and I don't think that I ever will. She's my friend.
Next, on the friends we have yet another who is joining choir for the first time next year. She's an amazing singer just like Bronwen and she can play piano. I really like that little tid bit. People who can play the piano keep me entertained a lot. Teressa plays H2TYD music on Victoria, particularly the romantic flight song, and I am entertained. McKaylee likes to play songs from Pride and Prejudice and sometimes Les Misérables. Jenna can just play.. anything and even things she writes herself which amazes me.
Once we were at a friends house. McKenna, Kailey, Jenna, Myself and the new friend I had finally met, Zenobia. She was showing jenna a song she was singing and how strange the accompaniment went along with the song. Then and there Jenna makes up an accompaniment that worked just as well, if not better, then the actual music.
Sometimes I wish I had that skill, other days I feel like it's an impossible feat.
but... I can tell that this is already going to be a reaaaaaally long entry so we'll put it into chunks and I will start you off with a story that will want you wanting more.. :)
You told me to stay warm as I sat next to you in a t-shirt and sweats. Up in the mountains near the beginning of June, nights can get pretty cold. As we sat in front of the fire I struggled to be strong and prove I was warmer then a man in a winter’s coat. But you saw me shiver, you knew my secret.
You told me to get warmer as we scooted closer to the fire and you wrapped me in a blanket enveloped with doubt and worry. I’d never seen you so stern with me before. Like a mother to her uncontrolled child. I was in trouble. Shivering and sputtering words. I tried so hard to be the “big girl” I thought I was, but you could see straight through me like the other side of a 2 way mirror.
Your worry quickly turned to fear as I shook harder, and in sporadic rhythms. You rubbed the blanket now encompassed with tears and fault on my back and shoulders. Believing that if you stayed long enough I would get better. But I knew your secret.
TO BE CONTINUED...
No comments:
Post a Comment