SO... I am going on a mission.
A mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I'll be gone for 18 months.
I'll miss out on my nephews 1st birthday.
Possibly his first steps and probably his first word.
I'll miss my siblings birthdays and I'll turn 20 while on the mission.
I'll miss any family gatherings they plan.
I'll miss out on all the music that will be made.
I'll miss out on new upcoming movies that are far to pricey to watch.
I'll miss out from being apart of this world.
But for once, I can't wait to out of the world.
I can't wait to be somewhere I don't know.
I can't wait to see a new culture that knows nothing of Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, You-tube, Snapchat, Instagram, and what ever social media people use on a unhealthy irregular basis.
I can't wait to work on building an even bigger wall to protect my testimony of this gospel.
I can't wait to go and do work.
I can't wait to see the smile on their face when they realize what the spirit is, and that they have felt it before.
But.
It'll be hard. It'll be really hard. ... And then it'll be very very very hard. But it's something I know that I should be doing.
---- ----- -----
Whenever someone would ask me where my parents were from I'd tell them, without a shadow of a doubt, "Puerto Rico and Guatemala." BUT.. I was SSOOOOOO wrong. My Mama is Puerto Rican. But my Papa is from Guadalajara, Mexico. Two completely different countries.
It's no coincidence that I got called to serve in Guatemala. I know there are people there waiting for me. Whether or not they know it yet, they are waiting. It's just up to me now to get there, learn how to teach in Spanish, and teach everyday I am there.
So.. this is one of the last things I'll post.
I love this Gospel.
I know this Church is the only true Church.
I love my family and am thankful for the blessings of the Temple that allow families to be together forever.
I love the scriptures.
I love the power I get from saying my prayers.
I love the comfort I get knowing that my prayers are always heard.
I know Jesus Christ suffered for me in order to create a path back to our Father in Heaven. A path that does not include the pain and discomfort He felt.
---These things are but a small amount from my testimony. These things I know to be true.
No comments:
Post a Comment